How social media affects my life

When I started this blog the only social media accounts I had were Facebook and Twitter. This was when myspace had become a thing in the past. It was the time that Twitter and Facebook were starting to become so popular. We didn't have Instagram back then or even google plus or any of the things such as having ads on youtube. Back in 2006, I wanted to make videos at the time instead of blogging. I was only 8 at the time me and my mom agreed it wasn't safe for a child to be making videos on the internet. I started this blog in 2012 6 years later. I was just a teenager who loved music and listened to the radio-quiet often. One of my favorite DJs Lisa Paige who at the time worked at 923now wrote a blog called pampered with Paige. That was the biggest inspiration of launching my blog I wanted to express my self threw writing and make others happy. When Instagram came around I had no idea how the status quo worked or that you could even make an income out of it. I thought of it as a fun app to post pictures and comment on each other stuff. Last year I started taking the steps to relaunch my blog and create a brand. That brand came to be from ''Stephanie'' to living life with Stephanie. Now I'm taking courses to help build the team but learn how this business goes my writing could not only make other people happy but my self as well. How does social media affect my life? It does in a variety of different ways. I finally launched my youtube channel and became an ''influenster'' being in a media as I always dreamed of. Just like different flavors of coffee social media affects my life from different angles. I always remember the most important thing about privacy. I could create stuff for both personal and creator accounts but have to remember to be respectful. I don't like mixing business with my personal life. If you mix business with personal life so much then everyone knows your business and you don't know what's real and what's not. I don't like posting so much about my family life or love life. That's best to stay off-camera especially moments I want to enjoy. Social media might be a big thing in this generation but it doesn't have to control every single aspect of your life. If I do create a post with my family I always make sure they are ok with it and along with other non-family members as well. Before you post something always make sure the individual is 100 percent ok with it. I also try to stay out of youtube social media drama. They are people who post stupid shit instead of dealing with it in person. Making a video about a conflict just creates more conflict to the table. Sites like youtube, Instagram they are a place where you can express your creativity and be happy not a danger zone. In the end, I'm glad Instagram launched it helps with careers such as yoga teacher photographers and people who showcase their work aside from their personal life. I've been doing great with social media and how it affects my life. I want to know how social media affects your life? xoxo-Stephanie

No comments